Submitted by S. Gompers (click on the headline to view as a single page)
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.”
~Charles Dickens, English novelist (1812 – 1870)
It is funny how this quote from A Tale of Two Cities seems to be the very essence of the age we live in today. Many see hope, light, darkness or despair reflected in their views of one party or the other depending on their faith or views of one another. Everyone is concerned for the future, yet strongly abide by the very party lines that got us here in the first place. Reality is, both sides have been striving to derail the American experiment for many years. Evidence of this lies in the rhetoric thrown at one another as being somehow more important than real solutions for what ails the nation. Ignore the problems, but create plenty of distractions to keep the masses preoccupied.
To save the nation, I feel that the following 14 points should be implemented while we still have time to break out of our current free fall.
1) – If candidates are sincere, they must refuse to accept money from financial institutions or lackeys thereof (one must first get elected to have any effect on the other points) and demonstrate their sincerity to the American people that they are truly interested in returning our nation to its intended Representative Democratic Republic. Our “Representatives” have manipulated our current system into such a sorry state that we now have an un-named, unmanageable, unworkable system of government.
2) – End the FED. With a vote by Congress in 1913, the government gave legal legitimacy to a cartel of the largest bankers and permitted them to inflate the money supply at will, providing for themselves and the financial system liquidity in times of need, while insulating themselves against the consequences of overextension of credit and bad loans.
This form of financial socialism that has benefited the rich and the powerful through the creation of the FED has caused, or greatly contributed to, the unprecedented economic instability in the decades afterwards and must be laid to rest.
The current alleged functions of the Federal Reserve System include:
- To address the problem of banking panics.
- To serve as the central bank for the United States.
- To strike a balance between private interests of banks and the centralized responsibility of government.
- To supervise and regulate banking institutions.
- To protect the credit rights of consumers.
- To manage the nation’s money supply through monetary policy to achieve the sometimes-conflicting goals of maximum employment, stable prices, including prevention of either inflation or deflation, and moderate long-term interest rates.
- To maintain the stability of the financial system and contain systemic risk in financial markets.
- To provide financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign official institutions, including playing a major role in operating the nation’s payments system.
- To facilitate the exchange of payments among regions.
- To respond to local liquidity needs.
- To strengthen U.S. standing in the world economy.
All this private banking system has managed to do is successfully privatize the profits, while socializing the losses onto the backs of generations of Americans who have not even been born yet. If anyone feels these goals as stated by the FED have been achieved, speak now or forever hold your peace.
3) - Restore a Constitutional monetary system outside of the central banking structure. The mechanics of this item has yet to be addressed or determined, as most focus on issue number 2 and seem to have not thought this far in advance.
4) - End lobbying and restore a Government of the people, by the people, by majority rule, instead of a government of the lobbyist, for the special interest, focusing on a rule by a very elite minority. This item in its own right will strip the ruling minority of its carrot and stick method of subjugating the masses by controlling the “elected representation” that the people elected to represent them.
5) – Prosecute those responsible for the financial destruction of America. Only through the realization that crime does not pay can future ponzi schemes and frauds be averted. Speak softly and carry a big stick people, as long as crime is rewarded, it will be rampant.
6) - Investigate all “lawmakers” who were contributory to aiding the crime of the century by repealing laws such as Glass-Steagall, etc., and uncover the money trail of special interest money desiring the same. We must stop the flow of money to politicians to serve other masters than the American people. They get “rewarded”, while we pay for the crimes that are implemented is not in the healthiest interests of our nation.
7) - End the selling out of our national interests to foreigners. When the government spends more than it collects every year, it borrows. It prints up Treasury Notes and Bonds etc.
This puts the government in a catch-22. It can’t raise taxes, because nobody likes that. It can’t charge tariffs (tax) on products coming into the country and put the cost of our government onto foreign countries and foreign manufactures. It could do this, especially since we now import 80% of what is sold in the U.S., but it can’t, because we believe in “UNfree trade”. Besides, most of our imports are from American based companies who went overseas to avoid paying taxes and hire cheaper labor in the first place. Instituting tariffs would spoil their whole plan, especially since much of their plan was assisted with U.S. taxpayer’s dollars to get out of paying taxes.
8 ) – Stop participation in Agenda 21 and Codex Ailimentarius. G.H. Bush signed Agenda 21 in 1992. He did not need ratification or Congressional approval because this is not a treaty, it is merely a set of “soft-laws”. In 1993 Bill Clinton by Executive Order, created the President’s Council of Sustainable Development.
Sustainable Development is essentially the “land grab”. The Wild lands Project is the “water grab”. Health Care Reform is the “body grab”. Cap and Trade is the “private property grab”. Participation in any programs that ultimately weakens American Sovereignty must cease.
9) - Remove the U.N. from U.S. soil. The United Nation’s basic philosophy is both anti-American and pro-totalitarian. Our Declaration of Independence states the “self-evident” truth that “men … are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights.” But, in its Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the UN ignores God’s existence, implies that only it grants rights, and then repeatedly claims power “as provided by law” to cancel them out of existence. If any government can place restrictions on such fundamental rights as the right to keep and bear arms, freedom of speech, freedoms of the press, association, movement, and religion, soon there will be no freedom.
The United Nations was founded by Communists and CFR members whose common goal was to implement a Socialist World order. Sixteen U.S. officials who helped create the United Nations did so as secret Communists. These included Alger Hiss, chief planner of the 1945 founding conference, and the Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, Harry Dexter White. The Soviet Union under Stalin and the Communist Party USA worked vigorously to launch the United Nations. Since its beginning in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations has always worked toward world government. The key CFR founder, Edward Mandell House, in his book, Philip Dru: Administrator, called for “Socialism as dreamed of by Karl Marx …”
Edward Mandell House helped to pick the charter members of the original Federal Reserve Board as well. Edward was the son of Thomas W. House, a gun runner for the Confederacy, financier, and agent of the Rothschild’s during the Civil War who was linked to the anti-Lincoln, pro-central bank interests.
43 members of the U.S. delegation at the United Nations founding conference were, or would later become CFR members.
10) - Stop deregulation, and enforce regulation to the fullest extent of the law to prevent fraud by showing that it does not pay, and you will not get a free pass.
11) - Stop selling natural resources to foreigners. If you want to buy wood, buy dimensional lumber, not our trees. If you want to buy steel, you buy steel, not our iron ore. These are just a few examples of many that could be made on this subject to create jobs, increase tax base, and protect American markets.
One day Americans who grew up in the land of plenty will wake up in a barren wasteland watching America’s bounty leave our country while they stand broke and starving wondering what happened, if we continue down this slippery slope.
12) - Stop and repeal ALL unbalanced trade deals that are leveraged against the interests of America. As a major trading Country, the U.S. exports many things and we import everything you can imagine. When America imports more than we sell abroad, we make up the difference known as the trade deficit by shipping dollars overseas. Right now, the rest of the world owns $3 trillion more of us than we own of them. And for many years we’ve been purchasing more imported goods than we’ve been selling of our own to other nations. After averaging $80 billion annually during the 1980s, the trade deficit sky rocketed into the $300 billion range in the 1990s. And by 2003, this figure had exploded to over $500 billion. That’s about 5 percent of our gross domestic product (GDP), a level that when it has occurred in other countries has preceded a sharp decline in the value of those nations currency.
Foreign investors unfortunately have a say in the value of our wonderful fiat currency, as our current system is modeled, and in the next few years they’re going to say some very bad things about it if we do not end the combined policies that are threatening its alleged valuation.
Our annual trade deficit is larger than the budgets of the military, Social Security, and twice as big as Medicare. There is simply no way this can end well.
The dangers of a high trade deficit are illustrated in this excerpt from a speech by Peter Morici, and illustrate how reducing the gap would actually increase domestic GDP.
“Cutting the trade deficit in half would boost U.S. GDP growth by one percentage point a year, and the trade deficits of the last two decades have reduced U.S. growth by one percentage point a year
Lost growth is cumulative. Thanks to the record trade deficits accumulated over the last 10 years, the U.S. economy is about $1.5 trillion smaller. This comes to about $10,000 per worker.
Had the administration and the Congress acted responsibly to reduce the deficit, American workers would be much better off, tax revenues would be much larger and the federal deficit could be eliminated without cutting spending. The damage grows larger each month, as the administration and Congress dally and ignore the corrosive consequences of the trade deficit.”
~ Peter Morici is a professor at the University of Maryland School of Business and former chief economist at the U.S. International Trade Commission.
13) - Stop encroachment on our personal liberties and Constitutional rights. I cannot stress this point enough, and to the herdists I say, BOTH PARTIES ARE RESPONSIBLE. From the gun laws that have been instituted, to the repeal of Glass Steagall, to the Patriot Act, to the Homeland Security Act, and many more back to the creation of the FED and the manipulations and the distortions of truth by both parties by the architects of the Bankers Manifesto since 1892.
14) - End Obamacare and allow people who are forced to change jobs the right to buy insurance affordably that will cover pre existing conditions. Universal healthcare is an Agenda 21 mandate. Health care needs reform, but this is not reform.
If we don’t do these things soon, my advice for the next two generations of Americans is simple, buy wheelbarrows, you are going to need them to carry the money you will need just to buy a loaf of bread, assuming your papers are in order and you are allowed to go to the grocery.
Or just buy your Zimbabwe Notes in advance.